Introduction to Angell
Angell Animal Medical Center is a fast-paced, 24 hour emergency and specialty veterinary hospital. We are located at 350 S. Huntington Ave. in Boston, Massachusetts.
As one of the top performing animal hospitals in the country, we take pride in delivering world class care with our mission of “kindness and care for animals” as the foundation for all that we do. We deliver exceptional medical care for our patients and provide compassionate support for our clients.
Our Volunteer Program
We are seeking dedicated volunteers who are interested in contributing to the daily operations of the Angell Animal Medical Center. This is a unique experience to become exposed to the field of animal medicine while assisting staff with various tasks.
Volunteer assignments may include the following:
- Seeing how an animal hospital runs behind the scenes
- Helping tackle our mountain of laundry
- Cleaning cages, restocking food, and washing dishes in our inpatient wards
- Greeting clients, running prescriptions, and restocking our front desk area
- Administrative work such as scanning documents and organizing mail
- Cleaning and restocking our surgical suites, medical carts, and animal transport carts
Please note that volunteering at Angell will not include:
- Shadowing or observing veterinary staff as a primary focus
- Assisting with medical care or procedures for patients
- Handling or transportation of patients
Volunteers must be 16 years old or older and willing to make a minimum of a 6 month commitment. We ask that volunteers come in for a shift at least twice a month, preferably on a consistent schedule.
Please read our program description carefully. If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, you are welcome to complete our online volunteer application. Your volunteer application will be reviewed within one week of it being received.
If your skills and availability match our current needs, our Volunteer Coordinator will reach out to discuss our volunteer program in more detail and discuss the next steps in the process.
If you feel that working in the hospital may not be what you are looking for, and would prefer some other volunteer opportunity at MSPCA-Angell, please refer to this link here to explore other options.
Thank you for your interest in Angell. We are looking forward to getting to know you.